Friday, April 22, 2016


Saturday' Shoot
3D Olde School
I was oblivious on the process of 3D, I never looked into it nor do I watch 3D movies. That being said, the experience was new and unusual for me. 
           The process didn't seem complicated at all; essentially it was a lot easier than I thought. Just symmetrically attaching two cameras to a tripod, fundamentally you’re trying to mimic two human eyes, and go. The most difficult part seems to be in post-production phase, which is layering the images, one on top of other in such a way that the effect of depth and dimensionality is achieved.
In retrospect, to enjoy the experience more, or to get more dimensionality we should have also thought about layering our set, i.e. our mise-en-scene as to pronounce the effect of depth; foreground middle-ground and background. Incorporating action that crossed theses plains probably could have been performed a lot better to also enhance the experience of the 3D effect.
Overall I enjoyed the finished product and was amazed how non-complex it could actually be.

No comments:

Post a Comment